Who doesn't love a good kid's turkey craft at this time of the year? It's like a rite of passage for our little ones to have a gobble-gobbly good time making one. Here's a fun one from our friends at Big and Tiny: a turkey puppet. It's 2-in-1 fun because you get to enjoy craft time AND imaginative playtime afterwards! Enjoy!
- Brown and orange cardstock paper Leaves
- 3/4-inch circle punch
- 2 1/2-inch circle punch (optional) Googly eyes
- An object (like a pot or a coffee can) to draw a large circle An object (like a cup) to draw a small circle
STEP BY STEP
- Cut out a large circle and two small circles from your brown cardstock paper. Also cut out a triangle beak from your orange cardstock paper.
- Use your 3/4-inch circle punch to punch two holes in the bottom of your large circle. These are the finger holes for the puppet. You can also cut two lines into a cross and push your fingers through.
- Add glue on the top half of the small circle and place your feathers.Glue the second small circle on top of the first small circle.
- Glue the smaller circle onto the larger circle for the turkey head. Finish your turkey finger puppet by gluing on the googly eyes and beak onto the turkey face.
- Now your puppet is all ready for play. Simply put two fingers in the puppet holes and have some gobble, gobble turkey finger puppet fun!
Big and Tiny is the first “Playworking” community leading the global movement of balancing work + family. They provide a creative space for you and top notch education and childcare for your tiny one, so you can focus on your professional career without compromising your family life. Learn more at bigandtiny.com.